Tuesday, January 03, 2006

f*ck off

Say hello to the girl that I am
You're gonna have to see through my perspective
I need to make mistakes just to learn who I am
And I don't wanna be so damn protected
There must be another way
'Cause I believe in taking chances
But who am I to say
What a girl is to do
God, I need some answers...

Thanks, Britney. Mom and dad, I apologize for being alive. I know it's a great source of concern for you.

My parents already had their heyday reading my diary in high school, because I trusted them enough to consciously not password-protect it (little fool). Now they freak out because I've started mentioning in my public blog again that I have these things people call "friends." I suppose it would be safer for me to spend New Year's Eve crutching around the drunken Brussels crowds alone rather than being with people who happen to not be female (god only knows who they'd let me associate with if they knew my orientation better) or people to whom they haven't given their stamp of approval (generally the people I tend not to associate with because they're incredibly dull).

Every week I am more and more tempted to try my right leg at kicking something in rage. It's still got a little tae kwon do training that's impatient to test itself.

No comments: