Thursday, April 19, 2007

the dark side of the tech boom

China continues to crush free speech and as Internet users we're all complicit.

In other news, traveling gourmet dinner parties of strangers in the Bay Area. Something to add to the list of "things I want to visit before I die" list that I started on Tuesday's extra studio class. That list began with "One of the regional 'P.O. Boxes' to which IRS tax forms are sent each April." I envision several warehouses exploding with envelopes arriving by the truckful on the due date rather than your normal cubbyhole-in-the-wall. I don't understand why I never thought to start such a list before. Perhaps even before I learned the news of Virginia Tech, covered surprisingly thoroughly on Wikipedia as John brought to my attention, I had mortality on the mind.

No comments: