Friday, December 01, 2006

break the rain

It rained all day, and then suddenly the sun came out and threw golden light on brick façades, and I pulled on my shoes and hurried to the Little Bakery. I ended up stopping along the way into the sketchy corner store to discover it sold all sorts of interesting middle eastern foodstuffs and a few indian spices. Still no produce; can produce really be so unprofitable in downtown Rochester? I bought a Portuguese loaf at the bakery for the first time. The cheerful lady whose name I really need to find out greeted me and told me she was taking the next day off. As I was leaving, she gave me a cookie. It was still sunny, I came in and ate a delicious sweet slice of bread, the only fresh thing I have left, looked out the window, and discovered that it was so overcast it seemed almost as if night had fallen, or at least that nothing had ever happened. So I wrote this as evidence that it did.

No comments: